Friday, May 28, 2010

Plan to Unplan

There's no planning for things that may go awry. Like when your baby spits up on you right after you have completely gotten ready for work and you are already 10 minutes late. Or when it's raining outside and you've forgotten your umbrella in the car or in the office, and you are at one of those locations without it. Today I learned that with as much anticipation and planning that I had waiting for my husband to fly home, that just didn't happen. I can be thankful that the flight was cancelled without him knowing until he arrived at the airport - and the reason for the cancellation was that the plane had mechanical errors thereby saving his life, but it still made me sad that we had to wait one more day.

All of the anticipation and planning that we had in our heads, with our little girl waking up in the best mood knowing that her daddy would be home that night, and me not putting anything out for dinner! Good thing I was able to whip up some kielbasa with peppers and mushrooms for a quick and dirty meal.

When your plans don't go the way that you had hoped they would, just remember that there may be a perfectly good reason for that. I can definitely count my blessings, for when the spit up comes a-spewing, I'll just change to another shirt or outfit and be late. No sense in having another plan fall through when this unplanned activity was just the thing to give you the right pause to plan your next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment