In what seemed like an overnight reality, our son has started walking. The first few steps were few and far between - he would walk along furniture and let got for just an infstant to take a mini-step. Then he decided out of the blue that he would string it all together and BAM - the walking began.
I don't know seriously how this happened. I mean, I do, but not really. We coaxed him daily, and put things slightly out of his reach to entice him. I knew he enjoyed watching his sister run around him and tease him when she had something that she wanted. He very much enjoyed walking along the couch and reaching for things. But to see his eyes light up when he picks himself up from the ground and step toward you is an amazing sight. He is typically all smiles and wobbly feet - but he definitely enjoys the freedom walking brings.
What began as a one-two step is now a full-on gallop from point A to point B. He sort of looks like an 80-year old man shuffling to get his favorite chair, but his spirit is all baby, with a grin of six teeth to show you his sheer delight.
No comments:
Post a Comment