One day at a time, we each take a step in life. Life with color - rich with love, blessed with moments and filled with wonder.
Monday, August 23, 2010
No No Drama
It seems that my kids always know when to pull my strings and make me just cringe and get frustrated when I've had a very long day. Tonight, they were both in rare form, fighting for my undivided attention and whining and crying at every whim. I can probably blame it on the weekend of late nights and complete lack of schedule as we visited family out of town. But I think in general Mondays are always rough for all of us. How can I truly expect them to just bounce back after two days of debauchery? Their hesitation going to school and their complete joy when I get them in the afternoons is always the tug-of-war I deal with daily. Maybe it's nights like these that remind me that I need to be a little more patient and to not let their tears get to me so much. Because when I hold them close and they lay their heads on my shoulders and chest, I am reminded that their patience with ME is quite forgiveable and always welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment