I was just reading an article that talks about how parents are neglecting their second and third children...and I got to thinking, I think I'm in that boat too. Does that make me a bad mommy, or a seasoned one? Certainly, after Roo, we learned quite a few do's and don'ts...and we are much more relaxed with Y than we ever were with our first one. But I don't know if you necessarily call it neglect.
Take for instance the fact that we stocked up on baby formula and as we got closer to his first birthday, we ran out. Do we go out and buy more, or just start feeding him the good ole whole milk? Of course we shift him to the whole milk! To top it off, we even took away his baby bottles. Sure, it was a bit different for him, but I don't think we shortchanged him. If someone had told me that Roo could have started that a few weeks earlier than her first birthday, I would have said cool!
What we learned from Roo was that each child will reach his/her milestone differently and at varying paces. Roo didn't have any problems shifting to whole milk, or going away from her bottle. Doesn't seem to be bothering Y either. So, why does it bother me a little bit? Maybe because the reality of our little baby escapes each moment he reaches a new milestone. Or maybe the fact that this baby-shop is closed for good? Who knows. I certainly do enjoy not having to wash or make bottles anymore. I think that's a great milestone to achieve!
No comments:
Post a Comment