One day at a time, we each take a step in life. Life with color - rich with love, blessed with moments and filled with wonder.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Shopping Excursion
The usual Target run today was quite the unexpected wrath of tempers. Roo decided she didn't want to get into any cart and fought with me the whole time as I tried to wrangle one out of the line. After she lost that battle, screaming and crying, she decided to kick off her shoes and scream right there by the entry way. As I tried to get her to put her shoes back on, another mother with three little girls in tow (all in their shopping cart), walked by laughing. I wasn't sure if she was laughing at me, laughing at the situation, or laughing at how she probably dealt with a situation so similar with one of her kids. At any rate, after she got her shoes back on, we marched right back out to the car and immediately drove home. I left her with her daddy and Y and I proceeded back to the store. Unfortunately, the little bugger was so tired and he of course fell asleep. I couldn't go back home again, so I dragged him out, still fully asleep and put him in the shopping cart and whirled around Target as quickly as I could. I did have to wake him up to get him buckled in, and boy was he a trooper. As we left the store, I turned to him and said, "See, when you are a good kid, you get to have a little fun shopping with mommy. Don't be like your sister." He smiled, like he understood what I said, and we went home for his nap. I think the blow-up was partially my fault, as Roo was quite tired, and it was their lunch/nap time. But how the heck was I supposed to get my errands done if we didn't leave the house at that time. Oh the struggles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment