Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nighty Night

For the past few nights, our son has been pitching a fit when he is put to bed. We knew all along that some point, he would just have to cry it out...and thankfully he's been able to do that. Sure it's hard to hear him scream and say mama when he wants you - but I toughed it out and tonight was quite interesting. After his bottle, he just wanted to just play. I'm sure it had all to do with the sugar fix he had for dinner - which was right before bed time. He devoured the banana-apple-berry-walnut bread I had made the night before. Of course he ate that with his dinner of homemade vegetable beef soup and cheesy texas toast...I had no doubt that he wouldn't be ready to turn in, but boy was he funny. He sat up, stood up and just yammered away. When I told him it was night-night, he would lay down for a second and then just started talking and saying mama. When I stepped closer to the crib, he would put his head down and just talk. It was so cute, I wanted to just pick him up. Thankfully I didn't and left the room when he was still wide awake talking. After about 10 minutes, he decided he would do his usual crying fit and in less than 10 minutes after that, he was out. How did he grow up so fast? His first birthday is fast approaching. I don't know if I will be ready for when he blows out his candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment