Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Birthday

In just a couple of weeks, our baby boy will be celebrating his first birthday. I sort of feel unprepared for this. I guess maybe the second kid always gets shortchanged, or maybe we try to celebrate all of his moments somehow, so another day with cake and such isn't such a big deal? On the one hand, we could throw a big shindig with a bunch of our friends and their kids, but will that make his birthday memorable for him? On the other hand, we can have some cake with our immediate family and just let him play with us. Either way we go, I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it. At least I hope so. If I can get all my ducks in a row, I can probably put together a fun little party. Maybe I am just too exhausted to do what I need to do. Nine days to decide. Will he know the difference? He won't, but I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment