Monday, January 31, 2011

Stubborn or Independent?

Each day I find myself asking whether my kids are really just very stubborn (like their daddy and myself), or if they are exerting their independence at every possible opportunity. I want to say it's the former and not the latter, but I really do think that they have to be a bit pig-headed in order to show just how independent they really are. I love that they can learn things and show me how quickly they are triumphant at feeding themselves or picking up a new skill, but they often do try my patience!

So long as they smile and give me that big ole "it's ok mommy" look, I guess I just have to get used to waging my wars with them. Today, a small victory for mommy, tomorrow, is an entirely different battle to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment