So much as happened since I last blogged, that I have no idea where to begin.
Easter Sunday we had a great time with family during the day - until the night ended with a trip to the emergency room. Poor little Y was having loads of fun climbing up and down his uncle's chair and messing around with his cousin that evening. When his uncle returned to reclaim his chair, Y's cousin pulled at his arm the same time his uncle was trying to pick him up. A few seconds later, we had a screaming toddler and a very limp left arm. It didn't take us long before we decided to rush down to the E.R. to see a doctor. Thankfully my sister-in-law was finishing up her shift at the hospital and told us that the E.R. was quite empty! Within an hour, we had x-rays that showed no fractures or breaks, but a very kind physician who plainly told us how our little boy had suffered from "nursemaid elbow." After a quick tug and snap back into place, our little guy was as good as new.
Not even yet two years old and our little boy has made two trips to the E.R. I'm not sure if that means he has a rough road ahead of him. If he's anything like his daddy and daddy's brother - we are in for many nights in the hospital!
Our little baby boy has surely grown up faster than I even imagined. So much so that the hubs would love to have another baby. Unfortunately for him, this baby-factory decided after Y was born that her days of baby-carrying are officially over (unless by divine intervention something happens)....his chunky face now smiles back at us with such personality and attitude.
His constant "no's" and demands show just how much testosterone he already has. I suppose his terrible "twos" have officially kicked in....but then he'll come right up to you and give a great big hug or a sloppy kiss and all is forgiven.
My little chunky monkey loves to run around the house in his birthday suit after a bath and giggles when you tickle his funky smelling feet. He watches intently as you pronounce every single syllable because he so wants to mimic you at every breath. I love that little tater-head and I hate that he has grown up so quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment