Thursday, July 7, 2011

All's Well

In an instant, our kids have moved on to a new school and have thoroughly enjoyed the transition. Granted, they are having to start their day with breakfast a little bit earlier and daddy is handling the drop offs in the morning, but honestly, it's been OK. Our little boy still has his tearful moments, and I don't envy the hubs having to go through that each morning. I was constantly fighting that battle in the last weeks of the previous school and it just about ruined my day each time.

I really think that toward the end, the previous school wasn't offering much curriculum or instruction to keep them engaged. In fact, our little girl has come home quite pooped out each day and has not come over in the middle of the night for five days straight. (Keeping fingers crossed, but probably just jinxed it)...

I know that change is often hard, but probably more so on us as parents. We get stuck in our routines and hesitate to veer from it at all costs. We are creatures of habit and our habits are very hard to break.

The beauty of this change is that I know my kids can handle change, as they have adjusted nicely. I am thankful that they can roll with it much better than I ever would have done. Now it's time to get the baby potty-trained...

No comments:

Post a Comment