One day at a time, we each take a step in life. Life with color - rich with love, blessed with moments and filled with wonder.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Transition
In another week, we'll be forced to move our children to another daycare. Not out of our wishes, mind you, but yet another facility closing its doors. Each time you move your kids to another place, you can't help but feel the anguish and anxiety that a new place brings. Not to mention how much we will miss the teachers and the overall school they had been going to. I am hopeful this go round will go as smoothly as before - with the kids quickly adjusting to their new surroundings and caregivers with no issue. I am pretty confident our little girl will adjust fine, but I am fearful our little boy will not adjust quite so well. He's so attached to a regular routine, that on most days when he doesn't see his regular teacher, he is a cling-on of wailing proportions. That makes the start of my day so very hard. To see his crying eyes and his tears for mama as he latches on for dear life. I know he has had to realize that his daily teacher has already left because his morning tears seem to get worse and worse without a fun distraction. This morning, I secretly left before he realized I was gone. But within seconds, I heard him crying for me as I was racing out the door. Does that make me a bad mom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No, it doesn't. You are a great mom and you know he will be ok.
ReplyDeleteThanks HLM! You are a great mama too. I miss seeing you and your monkeys!
ReplyDelete