Our little baby boy is truly growing up so fast - and his personality is certainly showing at every conceivable moment. The other day when I was picking him up from school, I had him in my arms, and took a few minutes to chat with his fellow baby-buddy. He obviously did not appreciate me speaking with another child in his presence and made it known! He quickly stared at me and made me turn my head toward him so that I would quit talking to his competition. Once I turned his way, he smiled so brightly, and sweetly, mind you - and was happier than a kid in a candy store. The two little teeth and smirky grin filled his tiny little face, and he knew that at that moment, he won a small battle.
At some point in our kids' lives, they learned that other people in mommy and daddy's every day interaction was either going to be a good thing, or straight up competition. I suppose you can't blame them for you to pay them a little bit more attention to them, especially when they don't see you all day. But to adamantly show like/dislike for something is surprising, and heartwarming at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment