This morning, I woke up to a glaring alarm and quickly dismissed it to snooze back into that ever-loving-deep-sleeping coma you can only get when you have turned off the alarm. Shortly thereafter, Y was stirring and summoned his daddy to come collect him. I'm certain that Josh was still tired, and so he brought him into our bed to get a few more minutes of sleep. Upon their arrival, Y quickly crawled over to my face, found my face and pillow and gently laid his head upon mine. How sweet was that? I couldn't have asked for a better wake up call honestly.
It's these short moments in the wee hours of the night, or early minutes of the dawn that truly remind me how wonderful life is as a parent. Certainly, I have my moments of frustration when things aren't going as smoothly as I want them to be, but all in all, life has become rich with love and warmth from my two kids. At this moment, I wouldn't trade any of this for the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment