Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Clap Your Hands

Last night, we put our little fella to bed and he fell asleep pretty quick. I knew that would be a bad sign...he didn't drink much of his milk, fussed quite a bit, and then just fell asleep pretty quickly. About an hour later, as the hubby and I were just chillin' on the couch, we heard him start to stir. At first, he cried, and then he got a little bit louder. About five minutes in, we heard something completely strange and it caught us off guard. We of course rushed to the room to find he was standing up, and clapping his hands.

You see, most recently, we've been trying to have him sign when he wants "more" of something. That looks very much like clapping hands - so - he was standing up, clapping his hands. He has equated the "more" sign with his milk and was feverishly asking for more milk. We both giggled a bit, and happily gave him his sippy cup of milk. He downed the sucker and then fell back asleep. Unfortunately for daddy, he didn't stay asleep, but that hand clapping was quite amusing.

At 2 a.m., he was up again and daddy came to the rescue. I was so tired, I didn't hear a darn thing. The alarm went off early at 6 a.m. and I couldn't believe the night had just flown by. I think I had some very weird dreams, but that would have to be an entirely different post altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment