Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Truthful Toddler

Last night, I made tacos for the family. Tacos are such a great, easy meal that everyone loves. My little girl will down three whole tacos for dinner - and that says a lot. Even Y will devour a bowl-full of taco meat and cheese. The whole family loves it so much that they didn't even complain when I switched to using ground turkey instead of ground beef. What was interesting about last night's dinner is a great story.

On our way home, I told Roo that I would be making her favorite tacos. She then says plainly, "but don't burn the tacos mommy." You see, just a few weeks back, when I was making a batch of tacos, I was seriously multi-tasking...the meat was simmering, I was chopping up lettuce and tomatoes and threw the shells in our toaster oven. All the while, I was getting the kids some yogurt or fruit to eat. About 10 minutes into all of this - I smell the shells a-burnin' in the toaster oven. Blast! The darn things were burnt to a crisp and there was a small fire within the toaster oven...(something about me and burning things in appliances)! So of course, that was fresh in her mind...well not as fresh....but she still remembered. So she just politely reminded me to not burn them.

After dinner, she thoughtfully said, "Good job mommy. I'm so proud of you for not burning the tacos."

Who wouldn't want to bottle up that cuteness and not just love her brutal honesty?

No comments:

Post a Comment