One day at a time, we each take a step in life. Life with color - rich with love, blessed with moments and filled with wonder.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Preferences
Both of my kids have taken turns on who they prefer from activity to activity. Whether it's me putting our son to bed, or the hubs doing his duty with our daughter to get her situated with whatever she needs tending to, it's a bit crazy to realize how much our kids have created their own little personalities and have likes and dislikes so early in life. I've always thought that as you get older, you tend to get more set in your own ways...but maybe these things are learned very early on. I do get a giggle when my kids like to stay a bit clean when it comes to eating (all my fault and I take full responsbility for that), but I'm just floored daily at how much they resemble each of us in their own little ways. I guess it's true that your parents always wish that you have kids that are like you, so you get a bit of payback from the years you gave them grief. I only hope for our sake that our kids are a bit smarter than we were when we were younger, and that we will have the know-how to set them on a straighter path. But until then, we'll look into putting up some good, secure window bars and remove doors from their rooms when they become teenagers. That sounds reasonable doesn't it?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment