One day at a time, we each take a step in life. Life with color - rich with love, blessed with moments and filled with wonder.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Special Holiday
Today, our daughter decided to wake up before the alarm even went off because she was so excited it was Valentine's Day. The night before, we had prepared her Valentine's Day cards and told her that her school would have a great party for her. That just about made her day. Even going to bed late, she got up bright and early to start her day. Thankfully the school teachers did not disappoint whatsoever and she was a happy camper. Even our son got to join in on the festivities at school and came home just worn out. I gotta love these holidays that are made up, but bring so much fun and joy to our kids. As a wife, I know how hard it is for hubbies to do creative things or are expected to just buy so much. I'm so grateful for a sweetheart of a husband who is quite romantic and did the little things that just make you smile (folded load of laundry when I got home!) I try to be as sweet as possible when it comes to "holidays" like this, but I don't want to get too carried away with the commercial side of it. I was very much surprised at how simple I preferred to share this day - with my kids in tow and hubby lovingly close for a wonderful luncheon date. What a great day!
Labels:
Valentine's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment