Sunday, July 18, 2010

What's for Dinner

Those words often plague me as much as deciding what not to wear. Weekends are usuallly the days when I can find a few minutes to figure out what to cook, and also prepare for the week. We often find ourselves eating out a bit more on the weekends. Hitting up the Waffle House for breakfast or grabbing lunch at Sam's or Costco while we are running our errands (and spending gobs of money buying bulk items). Our ultimate favorite has to be the bbq from Sonny's - where we can enjoy the yummy chicken and ribs, while kids eat free (Saturday nights). Not to mention, the kids can be just as loud as they want to be, and no one really minds.

Weekdays are meant to have quick meals. We just don't have enough time to really devote energy to prepare a full-scale dinner. I enjoy cooking one big thing on Sundays so that we can reheat for the rest of the week. This summer, I've also found great joy in finding quick 30-minute meals to throw on the grill (Rachael Ray would be psyched!)

I find that my best friend is truly the crockpot for weeknight dinners, and the oven is the absolute necessity for Sunday preparation. I know planning ahead takes a little bit of extra thinking on my part, something that I hesitate to do after 5:00 p .m. on Fridays through Sunday. But it certainly makes my life that much simpler when I have more important details to catch up on - or run after, that is.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, that question plaques me every day! Like it's a daily surprise

    ReplyDelete