As I reflect on a solid 365 days since our son's birth, I'm reminded of just how wonderful life has been with my two gifts from God. Each day they bring new challenges, and each moment is cherished or thoughtfully considered. Today of all days, we got stuck in the worst traffic jam on our way to school and work. Roo even lamented that she was "ready to get to school." After an hour on the road to get just 12 miles, we made it to the school in time for them to start their breakfast. Ironically, I drove by the hospital where both of my kids were born and thought about that moment when I was wheeled in and prepped for my c-section to have Wyatt's day of birth. I didn't have the same labor stories as most mothers would have. Instead, I had a scheduled appointment and had very little fanfare associated with this birthing process. We checked in, got settled into the room, got prepped and drugged, and before I knew it, I was hearing the sounds of our little baby boy. The bundle of joy has profoundly changed my life, and each day is better with him in it. I couldn't be more blessed with both of my beautiful children, healthy, happy and safe.
Tonight as I put him down to bed, I was reflecting on this past year. The anguish, the tears, the nights of frustration, but especially the laughter, the giggles, and the overall joy that he has brought to our lives. We really thought we got the best of God's grace when Roo was born...or that she was a once-in-a-lifetime gift. Little did we know that much more was in store for us.
I'm thankful for today. A simple reminder of how life began as a parent, and how it will forever be changed permanently for the best.
LOVE!
ReplyDeleteThanks - these milestones are really making me wonder where the time goes.
ReplyDelete