Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Baby No More

Our son has decided that he's all grown up - in a matter of just a week. I've always loved the process of putting our kids to sleep...actually rocking them and letting them drink their milk before bed. But now, our son is good to go after some milk and his teddy bear in tow. We can lay him down in his bed and he's lights out, or shortly after a little jostling around in his crib, he's fast asleep. It truly seemed like yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital. He was getting used to us, and we were re-learning the sleep deprivation routine. Our daughter grew up in a hurry too...but I wanted to believe our baby boy would always stay our baby. I love that each of them has their own little personalities - so bubbly and giggly - and very opinionated on what they like and dislike. They get so outrageously vocal with their needs and have no hesitations of telling you what they think in their own little ways. Certainly, I am glad for their independence, but I can't help but think fondly of the days and months that rushed by us when they were teetering and tottering with every little thing. New challenges are ahead for all of us, but it's exciting to know that we will continue to grow and bond as a family. My kids will always be my babies, no matter how big they get or how much they want to be grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment