Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Questioning Why

I used to watch television shows or movies and wondered if it was really true that toddlers liked to question just about everything you do. It was certainly funny on the big screen, but the reality loses its humility. Our daughter is quite the inquisitive mind lately, and cannot seem to get enough information to fill her brain to stop. Sometimes I feel badly that I ignore her, but she just keeps on askin'. I'm really glad that lots of things make her ponder, and she's just curious to learn more. But I can honestly say, I just don't have all the answers. Do you think she asks to annoy, or does this child really want to know? Is it the inquiring mind that will help her to continue to develop emotionally, spiritually and intellectually? Will this questioning ever end?? I love the child-like expressions of wonderment and surprise. They really do show their emotions at the drop of a hat, and rarely play these adult mind-games that many of us get caught up in. For now, the best answer I have is "because I said so," and I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment