Everyday when I drop the kids off at daycare, I do it so methodically that it doesn't wear on me as much. But when the idea of having some mommy and daddy time without the kiddos comes up - a rare occasion at that - it's a bit of a challenge. It's not that we don't trust others to watch our kids. Since the day they were born, most all of the activities I plan in my head include them. So having a night out, or a few hours without them, is just not programmed in me.
I'm one of the lucky people in this world that has wonderful family nearby who can help out when we need some husband and wife time. Those moments are really hard to come by these days, so it helps us to cherish them even more when we do get them.
Certainly finding a sitter outside of family can be quite nerve-wracking. I hear from my girlfriends all the time about seeking a good one, and keeping that special someone who is able to care for their kids. Mabye that's why we haven't pursued a sitter as an option in quite a long time. Even when I sneak out for a few hours when the hubby is watching them, I get so tickled when I see my kids light up and smile from ear to ear at the first glance of me after being away. I realize how important it is to share some quality time with and without our babies, but haven't had the heart or energy to seek out a good sitter. Maybe that's something to pursue tomorrow. For now, I will just cherish the quiet moments with the kids and laugh at their funny pursuits and inquisitive little hands reaching for just about anything that is close to them. Sometimes sitting with babies doesn't need to be for someone else, but rather, just for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment